Josh Canter, ND, LAc
Dr. Josh is a Naturopathic physician and acupuncturist who provides holistic primary care, natural pain management, and comprehensive men’s health care. His approach integrates conventional, naturopathic, and Chinese medical treatment options to provide the best care possible. Whether you are dealing with an acute illness or are struggling to manage a chronic condition, Dr. Josh has tools to help. It is his passion to guide clients to a state of wellness, regardless of diagnosis or disease progression.
Dr. Josh believes that health is more than just the absence of disease and that creating and maintaining health is an active lifelong journey. To assist his clients in that journey, Dr. Josh utilizes the following modalities:
• Pharmaceutical and herbal management for chronic and acute conditions
• Laboratory evaluation including functional medicine evaluation (Boston Heart, Veridia, etc.)
• Nutritional therapy
• Trigger point injections
• Manual therapy including myofascial release, craniosacral therapy, and joint mobilization.
• Men’s health exams
• Nutritional and herbal therapy for prostate health and hormonal balance
• Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)/testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)
Dr. Josh completed his medical training at the National College of Natural Medicine (NCNM) in Portland, OR. Prior to studying medicine, Dr. Josh earned a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from the University of Richmond and a master’s degree in education from Hofstra University. He is a long-time practitioner of yoga and meditation, a musician, and an avid backpacker. When he is not reading up on the latest medical research, you’ll probably find him in a yoga class, playing a guitar, backpacking on a mountain with his dog, Appa, or relaxing at the coast.
Insurance Companies Dr. Canter participates with:
MODA (No Synergy or Rose City)
Regence/Blue Cross Blue Shield